Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AV360 and more. Need help with removal. Please!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zezima

Zezima

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

I had the Antivirus 360 bogus scan running every time I booted Windows XP. I Googled and followed removal instructions, and I believe that's gone now. At least it's not popping up on startup anymore.

However, I cannot install a program or run an antivirus / antispyware / antimalware program. The only thing I have been able to run is vcleaner off my flash drive and it's not finding anything.

I have tried to run HJThis in safe mode and it won't do anything. I tried to install superantispyware and all it does is give me a message that there is an error and superantispyware must shut down.

I was able to get AVG Free installed, but it would not update the definitions. I did run a scan and it found a couple things, but no change in operation.

The web browser redirects if I try and access a site like TrendMicro to try and do an online scan. I can go to normal webpages like Google and Youtube, but any attempt to go to an antivirus or antispyware page brings up a "this page cannot be accessed" message.

I don't have reinstallation disks. I was going to put the drive as a slave in my other computer, but the infected drive is SATA and I don't have SATA on my other computer.

What is going to cause me to not be able to run or install AV programs? Thanks in advance for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zezima

Zezima
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

Update:

I was able to download smitfraudfix, but when I boot in safe mode it's not showing on the desktop.

Attempt to run it in normal mode results in an error window that says "smitfraudfix has encountered a problem and needs to close."

#3 Zezima

Zezima
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:45 PM

and one more update:

I was able to get smitfraudfix on the desktop in safe mode, but with the same result.

Same with HJThis.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

As no logs are posted, I am shifting this to the Am I Infected forum from the HiJack This forum.

Please tell us what your operating system is: Windows XP, Vista, etc.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users