Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Explorer error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WHDS

WHDS

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

Hi:

I'm new to this whole forum thing, so I hope I'm doing this right.

I already have Prevx Edge, but I'm getting a little worried about some things, so I decided to download Defender. Everything seems to work ok except for the Software Explorer. Most of its functions are working, but when I try to see the Currently Running Programs, I get error message 0x80070057, telling me the parameters are incorrect.

I'd like to know that some little schmuck is dancing on my hard drive without my being able to see it. How can I fix this.

Oh, and is it okay to have two AV's on the same system. Prevx advertises it doesn't clash, but.........

Thanks for any help you can provide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

Error 0x80070057 is more often associated with Windows automatic update issues.

Windows Defender - Error 0x80070057 discussion thread at Microsoft Technet might shed some light.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users