Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Belkins G-Plus MIMo wireless router

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 csrice

csrice

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:07 AM

I have used a Belkins G-Plus MIMO Wireless router for about a year now. Both computers however are wired. My daughter has bought a Eee PC and we are unable to get it to connect to the internet wireless. I would like to be able to check the wireless settings on the router if possible without changing the other settings. Anyone know how I might be able to do this?
Thanks from Ky,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yea, we are digging out of the Ice storm!! :thumbsup:

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

Hi,

You will need to access the configuration pages of the router and the settings will show in there.
  • Open your web browser and type the router IP address of the router (by default, the address is http://192.168.2.1.) in the address bar and press Enter.
  • Click Login on the top of the page to login to the router. By default the Password is left blank, click Submit.
  • Click Wireless menu - here should be your settings.
Sounds like you may have to go through the wireless setup manager in the configuration pages. (if it has one)
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 csrice

csrice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

Thank you EMU, I followed your instructions and checked out the settings. The settings are correct. So, I am now trying to find how to input some of the info into this device. This is not setup like a regular computer or at least I am having a hard time manevering around in it. I'll keep trying. Thank you

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:04 AM

Glad i was able to help with accessing the router settings.

What problems are you having with the computer? Is it just that you can't get the wireless connection?

Maybe post a little bit of info and i'll see if i can help.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users