Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't uninstall an application

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Richard ken

Richard ken

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:58 PM

Some how I can't uninstall my Veoh player beta; I checked every where in the add or remove program, its folder and in my CCleaner but I was not able to find it so I was wondering does anyone know a safe way that won't cause my computer to go bonkers. Thanks for reading my problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

Hi,

I believe Veoh Player is a MAC Application?

I don't have any experience in MAC's but have been able to find this info,

2a. Locate 'VeohPlayer-3.0.0f1.dmg' on your computer
note: if you cannot locate the .dmg package, you can download it again here: http://www.veoh.com/downloadFlow.html?screen=3&dl=mac
2b. Once located, open VeohPlayer-3.0.0f1.dmg
2c. 'Veoh Player Uninstaller' should be available within the .dmg package, double-click 'Veoh Player Uninstaller' to initiate the uninstallation process
2d. Complete the steps within the uninstall wizard to completely remove Veoh Player from your Mac

If you've already tried to use the uninstall wizard (which it sounds like you might have), it might be possible you are logged in to your Mac with a restricted user account. If this is the case, try running the uninstaller from an admin account. Another possible solution is to rerun the Veoh Player installer, then the uninstaller.

Taken from Veoh Forums

Hope this helps
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 Richard ken

Richard ken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

Well I was able to install into my PC which is a Window XP media center edition but thanks for the advice I was able to uninstall after I installed it again. Thank you very much for your help

Edited by Richard ken, 10 February 2009 - 07:24 PM.

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:59 AM

The problems fixed thats all that counts. :thumbsup:
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"