Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with sound

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tambyte

tambyte

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

I'm not sure if this should be under internal or external hardware, but here goes anyway.

I was given a set of Boston Digital BA735 speakers. I have a Dell Dimension E520, service tag 7rsv5c1. I plugged em in and no sound, i've looked around all my settings and can't figure anything out.

Then I thought..hmm... maybe my computer is not capable of digital sound. It has integrated sound card with 6 inputs, i know one is for a microphone and i tried plugging into all the others. I looked at my driver and it's a SigmaTel, when I checked on the Dell site it listed another driver that was newer than the one originally installed (I think it was a Creative driver for gaming) anyway I tried to install it but it said I did not have hardware that supported the driver, and would not run.

So, I guess my question is would there be anyway at all I could use these speakers with my pc?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

Plug in a pair of headphones in first to check that its not the speakers that are at fault. BTW plug the headphones into the GREEN socket (3.5mm) on your computer.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 tambyte

tambyte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:07 PM

My soundcard works with headphones and with other pc speakers i've tried. And yes I usually always just plug right into the green socket.

I've been reading more stuff online and apparently these speakers were designed specifically for Gateway. Your soundcard does have to support digital sound and you have to download the driver from Gateway.

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

I also read that they were designed for the Gateway machine. I would either sell the speakers or just use the ones you're currently using
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#5 Widdybear77

Widdybear77

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

Gateway gives you a Yamaha driver for the Boston speekers. Did you go to their sight and try to get the drivers? I changed mine out from my Pen 2 Gateway to my Pen 4 with no problem and the Pen 4 ran them great with the Realtek Foxconn MOBO. The only reason I don't have them now is they were struck by lightning. If you need a driver Email me and I will send you the drivers via attachment to Email. They are Yamaha but they date back to 98'. Who knows maybe you can update them...... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users