Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue tint, red not working

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lexysfishy

lexysfishy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

I need to know how to fix my computer. I had a run in with virtumonde and while i have finally cleared it out i am left with a another problem. My screen is blue tinted and red shows as black. Its not my monitor because in the monitor menu the box shows up white and the colors are perfect even the red. When i right click on my backround and go to properties and then to settings i see what the problem is but i dont know how to fix it. The color quality is set to highest (32 bit) under it where it shows your colors it only shows blue yellow and white. I am getting to the point where i am going to wipe my computer clean and do a system recovery if i cant figure it out. But i really dont want to do that if there is a chance it wont fix the problem.

please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

Hi, first thing I would do is download the latest video driver, uninstall your old driver and install the new one. What brand and model PC do you have? If you do notknow go to this link and post the M/B model. http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html
MCP
MSDST

#3 lexysfishy

lexysfishy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

i have an emachine T3120 with nvidia geforce 6100 (thats the video card right?)

Windows xp sp2

Edited by lexysfishy, 09 February 2009 - 05:15 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

Drivers for T3120 at http://www.emachines.com/support/product_s...amp;model=T3120

How to update a Windows hardware driver - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-update-a-windows-hardware-driver/

As suggested previously...uninstall the current driver, then reboot and subsequently install the downloaded driver files.

Louis

#5 lexysfishy

lexysfishy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

I updated my drivers, but nothing changed. My brother is going to let me use his extra monitor (might pick it up tonight) to test and make sure it isnt my monitor. If it isnt my monitor does that mean i need a new video card? If i do, how do i know which one to buy?

Edited by lexysfishy, 10 February 2009 - 10:53 AM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:46 AM

I would lean in that direction, if I eliminated drivers and monitor.

Louis

#7 lexysfishy

lexysfishy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

I have an old Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, would that be a good or a bad change? Would it hold me over until i can get something better or a until i buy a new computer next year?

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

Well...if nothing else, it would provide a basis of comparison in attempting to determine if your current video card is the problem.

I think that such would be good to know.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users