Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"operation timed out"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 uncool

uncool

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:31 PM

Hi There

am using WIN98SE with Firefox and IE5.5.

Am now unable to connect to Singapore Airlines site whereas previously no problems, I have no other sites where I am experiencing this problem, their website is ok as I have tested it out on someone elses computer.

I have tried a few things that were listed on other sites including deleting Temporary internet and cookies files etc, Nortons Win Doctor.

I use Zone Alarms and AVG antivirus but have had no prior problems.

From other sites it seems that many others are experiencing this problem but as yet I have been unable to find a solution.

I would be grateful if someone is able to assist.

Thanks everyone :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:32 AM

Evidently when they redesigned their website, they had some bugs. This would explain why many people are having trouble loading it (I use FF and it loaded fine just now).
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 uncool

uncool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:03 PM

Thanks John

It does seem that the site has been experiencing problems as I can now connect, however as a result of changing my IP address I can now connect to a site I have prior problems with which may be a useful tip that may prove succesful to others.

Regards Bob :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users