Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't open my drive c

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 osman123

osman123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

hello everyone i'm facing a problem when i try to open any drive ony my computer c;d;e i get the message the file does not have a program associated with it for preforming this action create an association in the folder options control panel.if anyone of you could help me with this i would be grateful

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

System manufacturer and model?

Do you use Partition Magic or any other software to create any of the partitions?

Have you tried XP's System Restore function?

Can you explore the contents of any drive?

What changes have been made since last time system functioned correctly?

Have you tried to run chkdsk /r on the C: partition?

At what exact point...do you get this error message?

Louis

Your title says partition C:, while you state that you cannot access any partition...which is correct?

Edited by hamluis, 09 February 2009 - 01:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users