Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall: 'ctor.dll' RunDLL Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 qotsa_17

qotsa_17

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:58 AM

Hello,
I have recently tried to run the game F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assualt Recon), but after an OS upgrade, it no longer works. I got a black screen with no audio, and closed it with the task manager. I'm ok with uninstalling F.E.A.R. rather than trying to fix it because it is outdated anyway.

I looked in Control Panel> Uninstall a Program, but it was not there. I went to F.E.A.R.'s directory and tried to manually uninstall it, but I got the error:

'Error Loading
D:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFRES~1\RunTime\11\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll

The specified module could not be found.'

I downloaded the correct .dll and created that directory. I then tried to uninstall my game, but after double-clicking the uninstall .exe, nothing happens. I have scanned using Symantec Endpoint and Spybot - Search & Destroy and have found nothing. I used CCleaner to fix registry issues and cleaned temporary files from Internet Explorer.

Looking into this problem I have found many other issues like mine, only somehow different, like the folders '11' and '50' were different values. Others say that they had success right after placing the .dll in the correct directory. Some said that this is caused by spyware of some sort.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

qotsa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

Try reinstalling the game again, then uninstall.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 qotsa_17

qotsa_17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

Hello,
I cannot because I no longer have the disc that came with the game, nor do I have the serial if there is one (it's been so long I can't even remember if this game needs a serial).
My previous post was rushed, so I accidently forgot to add my system specs. I apologize. Here they are:

Previous Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium x86
Current Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate SP 1 x86

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.67 GHz
Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2
Audio: Creative Labs Inspire T10

Hope this helps.

qotsa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users