Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program links screwed up.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jimdigriz

Jimdigriz

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

Hey, I need a bit o help. Im sure the sollution is comon sense but..eh maybe not. Well it seems that any program on my computer that has a link to open an internet page works, but whatever the link may be, wont work, for instance i may want to open an updates page by clicking on a link in a program, but the only thing that happens is either the source code for the link pops up in notepad, or the link just dosent open anything. Anyone had this prob before? Can anyone help? It would be great. Thanks. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 NathanNZ

NathanNZ

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:50 PM

Hi there,

One possibility is that your file associations have changed. One way to check this is (I'll assume you're using Windows XP):1. open Windows Explorer
2. Click on Tools - Folder Options
3. Select the File Types tab
4. Scroll down the list to URL
5. It may look something like this:

Posted Image

6. If the Restore button is there, click on it. That will restore the default setting.
If Restore is not there, or you aren't using Windows XP, let me know. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Nathan

Edited by NathanNZ, 30 May 2005 - 06:52 PM.

#3 Jimdigriz

Jimdigriz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:26 AM

didnt help. :thumbsup: any other sugestions plz? and thankyou.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:22 AM

See if this helps:
If nothing happens when you click a link:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Jimdigriz

Jimdigriz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:10 PM

that didnt help either :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users