Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:39 PM
Randomly one day when I decided to turn on my laptop I hit some problems.
Here's what happens when I turn it on:
- Normal windows xp logo, startup screen
- Then when we get to the login screen problems begin
- Lots of error messages: amtmon.exe - Application Error Message, collector.exe, miniscan.exe,
RegSrvc.exe - Application Error (The exception Privileged instruction, (0xc0000096) orrcured in the application at location 0x00432a05.)
- userinit.exe, TpKmpSVC.exe, rrpservice.exe, rcgui.exe, FNRB32. EXE, and more error messages.
- Then I select the user, enter my password and all I get is a CRAPload more error messages.
- WMI has encountered a problem and needs to close..., Userinit Logon Application has encountered a problem, and a few more
- Then I get hit with a "Microsoft Windows Operation System has encountered a problem and needs to close.."
- That final one does it and I'm left with looking at just my desktop background and nothing else. The odd Error message pops up continually and im stuck.
- Control-Alt-Delete and I click on Task Manager and.... encounters a problem and needs to close.
Any Ideas on a way of fixing this?
One other thing to note is that the one thing I Can run from the initial startup screen is Lenovo's "Rescue and Recovery 4"
From here my only option is backing up some of my files and Reinstalling the operating system.
I would really rather not do this...