Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I repair a System Restore that will not go back but one day?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Manny J

Manny J

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

I need desperately to fix my wife's HP computer with XP version that her System Restore will not go back more than one day.

She had downloaded a free trial version of Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 4. This program froze completely her system and I could not remove it either by using the add/remove or even the revo program. SOOOO i called the techs from Adobe in India of course and they took me to a link to "fix the problem".

Yes it deleted the Photoshop CS4 but also EVERY Photoshop that my spouse had on her computer (4 years worth). She is a teacher and had lots of pictures and images from her "kids" at school.

I tried to do a System Restore but could not go more that one day.

She has being in tears ever since. Can anyone help me with a solution? I have tried every anti spyware, anti malware anti virus that I can think of to no avail.

PLease, Please someone help.

Manny J.

Edited by KoanYorel, 10 February 2009 - 10:58 PM.
email address deleted to protect from spam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

Just a FYI, a mod will delete your email address in the post. It is not safe to post an email address on a public forum.

Regarding the problem, are all of your restore points gone or will it just not let you restore to a previous point (you get an error message)?

#3 Manny J

Manny J
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

Just a FYI, a mod will delete your email address in the post. It is not safe to post an email address on a public forum.

Regarding the problem, are all of your restore points gone or will it just not let you restore to a previous point (you get an error message)?

Thank you for tip bit of information. No I do not get an error message, when I go to system restore there are no "bold" numbers just the day before. I have even tried by changing the computers date but that did not work either.

Any suggestions?

Manny J.

#4 tcgtechnician

tcgtechnician

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

OK, i hate to give you this kind of news, but more than likely the system restore setting on your C: drive was set to a bare minimum (you can check this by either right clicking on my computer and choosing properties, or by pressing windows key + pause break, and then choosing the system restore tab). If this is the case then there is no way possible to do a system restore farther back than what is listed. Also, once a program has been removed a system restore will not be able to bring a program back. System restore for the most part just rolls back the registry. :thumbsup:

Edited by tcgtechnician, 10 February 2009 - 11:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users