Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix knocked out my internet connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chamished

chamished

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

Hello. I ran combofix as well as I could. It seemed to clean up a lot of the problems that were plaguing my computer.
Anyways, in the tutorial on how to use it, it said that CF would disconnect the computer from the internet but would bring it back when it was done. I'm not sure what happened in the process but when the computer rebooted my clock was still in a different format and my internet could not connect. I tried running combofix again to see if it would do anything, and still nothing.
When going to network connections and hitting 'repair' I get an error message that says "Failed to Query TCP/IP Settings of the Connection. Cannot Proceed"
I really hope that someone can help me with this. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jarmod

jarmod

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

Sorry to hear about your PC problems, and sorry that you seem to have gotten no help so far. I'm not an expert on these things so you should definitely seek an expert to help you but I'm going to throw out a couple of terms that you might want to search the forums for in case it helps you:

- winsockfix
- lspfix

Hope you find someone that can help out.

#3 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

This topic hasn't been answered because it's about Combofix and it cannot be discussed in an open forum.

If chamished still needs help he should post in the HJT forum. for expert advice.
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users