Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

explorer.exe application error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 dbltip

dbltip

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

When I open downloader helper a firefox addon, it closes on its own and i get an error message saying "explorer.exe-application error, instruction at "oxo0608278" refrenced memory at "0x0272e000" the memory could not be read. I have been using downloader helper for about a year and never had this problem before. I am using windows xp pro version 2002, Zone alarm firewall version 7.0.483, and ESET NOD32 antivirus 3.0.669 which is about to expire, I'll be going back to Avast, and Advance system care version 3.1.2 and spybot S&D. And I have Windows SP 1 because I bought a used computer and I dont have a genuine version of Windows.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TGP 1994

TGP 1994

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

Well, I would have to think that updating to SP2 at least would be your only choice. Also, I think that when you try to activate it, you can call Microsoft and get things sorted out. If that does not work, I'm sure there are many sites that host SP2.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

Well, I would have to think that updating to SP2 at least would be your only choice. Also, I think that when you try to activate it, you can call Microsoft and get things sorted out. If that does not work, I'm sure there are many sites that host SP2.

I dont have a genuine version of Windows.

Since this isn't a genuine copy of Windows he will not be able to update from Microsoft. I would like to point out one of the forum rules...

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

Does the computer have a valid Windows sticker with a product key on it?
Is it a brand name computer? If so, you may be able to contact the manufacturer for further assistance.

We don't provide assistance with pirated copies of software.
From the forum rules:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

This topic is closed.

Edited by usasma, 08 February 2009 - 11:09 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users