Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Themes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aqibkhan

Aqibkhan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:16 AM

Hello Guys it's my first time here good forum and I need help it happened yesterday my theme for xp like desktop and toolbar changed to classic theme here is the picture :

Posted Image

and here is the problem to the uxtheme.dll the picture :

http://s5.tinypic.com/27y2y4l.jpg

and i want to change it to luna theme it was okay on friday :

Posted Image

and my pc is service pack 3 I tried nearly the whole day on saturday like the sp3 patch that did'nt work and I changed it still did'nt work please can you guys help me please

Thanks Aqibkhan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

Please try the advice in this post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 justplaindave

justplaindave

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:17 AM

Did you download, unzip, and run your luna theme from "my documents"? If so then all would be fine unless you delete that folder from your documents. In which case Windows will revert back to "classic" on your next pc restart. There is a read me file that comes with that download that reads as follows.

copy this Royale folder.
paste into your themes folder (for example: c:\windows\resources\themes)
double click the luna.msstyles

OR simply double click luna.msstyles

I'm sure that this is what you did as I have made that very mistake once. So If that is the case you will have to unzip the download again and install the folder according to the read me instructions or simply do not delete the folder from "my Documents".

Hopefully that solves your problem. I would still follow the recommendation given above to scan your pc however. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users