Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Finally Fast.com

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 roma1995

roma1995

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

OK, you've all seen the commercials.....advertised mostly late at night or early morning for Finallyfast.com.

I've read conflicting stories that this is a scam to install malware on your PC while charging something like 30 bucks to just delete your cookies. Anyone have any words of wisdom to share?
:thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

Watch this video from our friend Jeff at Besttechie
http://www.besttechie.net/2008/12/21/final...ast-phone-call/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

Thank you garmanma. That should be all any of us should need for the answer to roma1995 question. Finallyfast your money is gone.

#4 roma1995

roma1995
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

Thanks Garmanma for the video link...........as they sometimes say..........NUFF SAID!

#5 NyQuil

NyQuil

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:22 AM

Well thanks garmanma that video showed how much people are into scamming.

#6 retnavydoc

retnavydoc

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:45 PM

I should have checked here first. I decided to take a look at the program, and I downloaded their "free scan". That was 2 days ago, but I think I fianlly got rid of Finally Fast. I am no computer guru, but upon looking at the results, they just appeared fake. I used unintall to remove the program, but still had to manually remove folders that were "missed". I ran a scan with AVG, and found my computer was infected with a number of trojans, including the PUPER Trojan. What a surprised that they showed up immediately after using the free scan. From what I have found out, that PUPER Trojan is used by scam programs. The Finally Fast name must refer to how fast your money goes to untraceable accounts.

Edited by retnavydoc, 16 February 2009 - 03:47 PM.

#7 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

:thumbsup: Most excellent link, thanks for that garmanma. :flowers:

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,549 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

Pinned for ease of finding for review.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 Twin B

Twin B

• Members
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

This is another reason I don't read any sponsored links on websites either. I always think Do I know what this program really does and Have I checked on some trustworthy forums to find out if anyone has used it. Most of the time I'm relieved to keep my nose in my own business, but still every once in awhile I get sucked into some scheme, usually when I'm tired or bored. Thanks for this thread.

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

#10 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

shame that ppl get scammed tha easily

#11 Travito

Travito

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

My father fell for that once, didn't pay any money but got the "free" thing off the web. Had to remove it with MBAM.

#12 straightupwv

straightupwv

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

This would be really funny if it weren't so sad! My daughter fell for the ads too.

Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself.

#13 P.C.Guy

P.C.Guy

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

Glad I checked out this forum posting, I was never going to buy it, but this is good information for when I'm asked by friends.
My Blog: New PC Tips

#14 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

What great information!

I've never bought into anything like this before, mostly because the list of things they claim the software does - removes malware and spyware, fixes registry errors, etc. - I can do myself, and I know where to find help to do it if I have questions. Why pay someone to do what you can do yourself?

Snowden03.png

~   Notorious Thread Killer   ~
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Full ATX | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit | PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SDRAM [4x8GB] Audio: Integrated Creative Sound Core 3D 5.1 | Internal Storage: Samsung 2 TB HDD | Seagate 1 TB HDD | Samsung 500GB SSD [x2] | Mushkin 500GB SSD | External Storage: Seagate 2TB | Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS324 Dual Layer

Display 1: AOC I2757Fh 27" | Display 2 & 3: LG 24MP57HQ-P 24" | Operating Systems: OS 1: Windows 10 Professional | OS 2: Linux Mint Cinnamon | OS 3: Windows 7 Ultimate x-64 | Antivirus: MS Security Essentials | Firewall: Windows Firewall

#15 who here is a guru?

who here is a guru?

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

shame that ppl get scammed tha easily

true but what's an even bigger shame in my book is the type of mind that would exploit people in such a manner :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users