Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Was Infectd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 teniare

teniare

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:15 AM

Hello fellow members :thumbsup:
I was wondering if I could get some advice or something on weither or not I should remove ccApp from my startup files.
The description is Symantec User Session and the filename is ccapp.exe.
Im not really sure if I should remove it or not because of all the other entries that were listed in the Startup Data Base and I had just removed Trojan.Brisc.A!inf and am currently removing Troj/Wimad-N and App/Killit-A.
I just dont want to remove anything crucial.
Thanks for your time!

Edited by teniare, 08 February 2009 - 07:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

If you use Norton A-V, it is necessary

The ccapp.exe file stands for Common Client Application and is the executable responsible for checking emails and auto-protect facilities as part of the Norton Antivirus suite.

The ccapp.exe file is used as the Norton Antivirusí real-time scanner. When Windows loads, the ccapp.exe file also loads as VxD or virtual device driver. As the ccapp.exe file executes behind the scenes, it scans your system for Trojan Horses, viruses, and worms.

Before Windows can completely shut down, the ccapp.exe file will scan the boot drives for sector viruses if a floppy disk can be found inside the drive. In case a virus is detected, a message will be displayed asking you to repair the infected floppy disk boot record.

You will be able to view the details of the scan in the recorded report log. Details in the report include the name of the virus, location of the file infected, time it was detected, and the action taken by the application or the user.

Note: ccapp.exe could also be a process belonging to an advertising program by Symantec Common Client CC App. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis.\r This also prompts advertising popups.\r This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.\r

ccapp.exe should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work properly

liutilities.com

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 teniare

teniare
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:25 PM

Thanks a lot for the help!!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users