Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malware removal failure

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 margarett

margarett

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hi and thanks for your help-
we got something bad, I believe the nasty System Guard 2009.

I followed the directions for System Guard 2009 using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

It might have worked fine, but now the computer won't turn on. at all.
It seemed like the entire process went smoothly, but when it shutdown to finish the procedure... that was it!

Just a black screen, we don't even get a blue screen.

Now what do I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

Moving from HiJack This forum to Am I Infected as no logs are posted. ~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

When you boot do you see any screen at all? Have you tried to boot to safemode?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 margarett

margarett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Hi, thanks for responding-
No screen at all (except the notification no video input, then that closes like it always does, then the screen is black.

I haven't tried booting in safe mode, that is a little advanced for me to do on my own, but I would try it with directions....

I've been looking around at other posts-
I don't know if this will help, but when the original problem was there, I tried the system restore, but it wouldn't let me restore to any time before the problem started

Edited by margarett, 08 February 2009 - 08:07 PM.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

When you first turn it on, does a black screen with a bunch of white letters and numbers show on the screen?
do you here a single Beep from the computer? If this is a desktop computer, does the fan on the back turn on when you start the computer?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users