Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another machine infected Grrr.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeicher

jeicher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

I have another machine infected. These machines share a USB drive when I travel. For info on the first machine look here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201213/ddsscr-wont-run/

This machine may not be as far along as the first one. When I boot normally, it goes to a solid blue screen with a working mouse curser. This time I booted to safe mode with command prompt and it is now at a start up window which says "to begin, click your user name" I have a choice of Administrator or my name. looks like a standard log in screen but really big like the video drivers are gone. Due to the fact that reboots on the first machine seemed to progressively deteriorate the condition of the machine, I'm coming here before I do anything else. Should I proceed with the boot? Admin or my name?

Dell dimension 4600
Win XP Pro

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jeicher

jeicher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:18 PM