Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Micro Sd HC 4 GB card not recognized

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sunfrog14

sunfrog14

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

I got a Micro Sd HC 4 GB card to use for my phone and it is not being recognized by my computer, which is running Windows XP.

I have tried this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923293

but it did not work.

Does anyone have any help on this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:57 AM

I had the very same problem running XP home trying to read a micro SanDisk 4Gb SD HC. My fix I do not actually understand but what worked was buying a USB micro SD reader that stated specifically that it supported the SD HD (high density) cards. The one I bought was a SanDisk brand. I would have expected all readers to be pinned out identically but there must be a difference somewhere. I did not need to load any software specifically for the SD HD reader.

#3 sunfrog14

sunfrog14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

Okay thanks. I found out that the card can be read on my laptop that is running vista. However, I was really hoping that I could find a solution for my desktop with XP.

#4 raf96

raf96

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:35 AM

I don't want to hijack your thread, but since it doesn't seem to be resolved I'll refresh it with the same issue. In my case...
It's 1GB MicroSD
Phone is an SGH-d900I
My phone can access the card normally.

And here's a thing... My PC used to detect that very card as soon as I connected my phone. It was showing up as an removable media.
Not anymore.

If there will be no interest in this thread I'll make one of my own.
BTW I did search the net extensively, a lot of ppl seem to have the same problem, but there is no solution. (or some that do not address the issue directly)

#5 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

Hi,

My original response was in reference to reading a micro SC card through the use of a USB reader on a pc. It was not in reference to reading the card in the phone with a pc.

I can read my micro SD card either in the phone or through the use of a reader directly plugged into a USB port. When I read or write to the reader vs the phone it is so much faster I always remove the card from the phone and use a reader.

If you are trying to read a micro SC card in your phone through a USB port (not bluetooth) check to see if other USB devices can be read through the same USB port and cable. Try another USB port and cable if you can.

If this doesn't resolve your problem I am sure someone can help further.

Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users