Is this XP or Vista ..
If running. We need to disable Spybot S&D's "TeaTimer"
TeaTimer works by preventing ANY
changes to the system. It will attempt to undo any fixes we run, because it blocks these fixes from running.
In order to safeguard your system from problems that can be brought on by a half finished fix, we need to disable TeaTimer. We can reenable it when we're done if you like.
- Open SpyBot Search and Destroy by going to Start -> All Programs -> Spybot Search and Destroy -> Spybot Search and Destroy.
- If prompted with a legal dialog, accept the warning.
- Click and then on "Advanced Mode"
- You may be presented with a warning dialog. If so, press
- Click on
- Click on
- Uncheck this checkbox:
- Close/Exit Spybot Search and Destroy
Run part 1 of S!Ri's SmitfraudFix :
Please download SmitfraudFix
Select option #1 - Search
by typing 1
and press "Enter
"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.Note
: process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm