Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just wondering about word.....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sp1d3r

Sp1d3r

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:22 AM

I was wondering if there was an online version for word or publisher typed program. Don't ask why I'm asking, I'm just wondering lol.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:35 AM

IF you told us why, perhaps we would understand what you mean by "on-line version."
There are several free alternatives to MS Word on-line that you can download, and there is also a MS Word viewer, which allows you to read, but not edit or write, Word documents.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Sp1d3r

Sp1d3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:39 AM

Im not meaning download, well its basically a way to use word online for school because word takes ages to load at school so maybe online will be better.
Thanks
Sp1d3r/Matty

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:52 AM

I found a couple of free ones on Google. Unless you have a high speed connexion available, using these might be more hassle than waiting for Word to launch. And if you have an unstable connexion that disconnects without warning, you could easily loose anything already typed. Additionally, your school may block such activity because of security or bandwidth considerations.
The simplest solution would be to do your word processing at home; if you do not have Office installed, you can get a very viable alternative from OpenOffice.org that will allow you to save texts as Word files, which you could save to disk and take to school.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 30 May 2005 - 11:53 AM.

#5 Sp1d3r

Sp1d3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:04 PM

ok, well please can you send me a link or 2 to test out please :thumbsup: if its ok with you?
Thanks alot :flowers:
Matty

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:02 PM

Here are some I found. I have not used them, and cannot therefore say anything about them.
More can be found by doing a Google search for "online word processor."
http://goffice.com/home4.aspx

http://www.writingfix.com/dailypromptgenerator.htm

Regards,
John

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:14 AM

Here's another one:

Open Office
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Sp1d3r

Sp1d3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:57 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users