Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jenny36

jenny36

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

with both the IE and the sbc yahoo dsl are saying that there is no connection. But when i go to network connections it said that i am. I did a network diagnostics for xp states that their is a dns failure and cannot make an http,https, or ftp connections

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

One thing you can try.
Turn off your computer.
Power down your modem.
Wait 2 or 3 minutes, power up the modem, turn on your computer, see if you are connected.
A long shot worth a try until someone else comes along who may have other things for you to try.

#3 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:42 AM

with both the IE and the sbc yahoo dsl are saying that there is no connection.

By this, do you mean that the DSL modem is not lit up properly?

Do you have a router between the computer and your DSL connection? If so, the first step is to turn off/unplug the router, modem, and computer. Once all of the devices are powered off, power the modem back up. If the modem lights up properly (give it about two minutes) power up the router, wait two minutes and then turn the computer back on and see if the problem was resolved. If the modem does not light up after two minutes, contact your ISP and have them check your connection from their end.
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

#4 doresy

doresy

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

could be a firewall issue blocking ip address? :thumbsup:
Windows XP Home....Netgear DG834G wireless modem/router....ISP- AOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users