Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Doc's question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 no.dam.spam

no.dam.spam

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:42 AM

First attempt at this forum so please excuse any mistakes. Can someone take a quick look at my log file and tell me if I need to be concerned.
Thanks
Doc

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

Hello no.dam.spam,

Posted Image

Can you tell me, please, what problems you're having that makes you think you're infected? :) There's nothing earth shaking in your log, but it isn't a tell all so I need to hear from you what's happening. :thumbup2:

Thanks,
tea
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

#3 no.dam.spam

no.dam.spam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

First of all excuse my note as I am delaing with two computers. The one I send the Hijack log from is my main box and I was concerned about infections as the windos Explorer often hangs when reading the folders

The second computer if a friends and we have been fighting with it for over a week now. AVG reports win32/Virut and BitDefender reports some thing else. Niether appear to be able to clean out the effending issues. I downloaded and ran the AVG win32/Virut removal tool, from Safe Mode and it indicates it found and removed severl infected files. But as soon ansd I reboot and login to normal mode AVG starts reporting infected files. The same for after I run Bitdefenders Recovery Cd which boots Linux and scans for viruses and malware. While under Linux I also delete all the users Temp and Temp Internet files, cookies, etc. Delete the system restore files as well as the recycle bin contents. But still the same issues.
I would gladly just reformat the drive and start from scratch on this box, but he has a lot of critical software installed for which we do not have the original disks. So that kind of rules out the simple solution.

Any help of either issue would be greatly appreciated.

#4 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hello,

Good on you for using the Linux! :thumbup2: Not many understand how useful it can be, or how easy to use. The HijackThis log you posted was from your machine, and there wasn't anything there. Can you get a HijackThis log from the other one? If so that would be great. :)

tea

Posted Image

#5 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:43 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users