Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Neil B.

Neil B.

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

I am a member of a audio show website. For me to listen to the narrator I have to click on a link that opens up media player to play his show for that day. Only problem is when I click the link... It opens up a page of code. Im guessing its the code for the audio/video file but I guess it could be a virus.

Here is an example of the code Im getting:

0&uf��blv���������@� ^P��������W�M�/�T�o�o�l�N�a�m�e������C�o�o�l� �E�d�i�t� �P�r�o����W�M�/�T�o�o�l�V�e�r�s�i�o�n������2�.�0����W�M�F�S�D�K�V�e�r�s�i�o�n������8�.�2�0�.�0�0�.�5�0�5�5����W�M�F�S�D�K�N�e�e�d�e�d������0�.�0�.�0�.�0�0�0�0��� �I�s�V�B�R���������ܫG� Seh�������%Fw[Ki�����Y(�������@
����t���� ���������������_.� Se������ӫ� Se�~��]&EG_eR�������t E˖��������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������˥r2CiR[ZX������������������������� �������� ��������������
,)���������ů[wHgDL4����������� �����I�s�V�B�R����� ު|O(Uݘ"��������������

Multiply that my 10 and thats what I get everytime I click the link. what It should be doing is opening WMP. Ive installed the right codec and still no go.

If anyone could through some ideas out there I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Neil

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users