Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer reseting! CPU 54c on idle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andru

andru

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:35 AM

G'day Guys Just built a new comp and it keeps restarting on me i'm pretty sure it only happens when im playing games. I'm thinking it might have somthing to do with the Temps. Also i have disabled auto restarting and its not giving me a blue screen and message. and when it restarts it says DIMM organisation mixmatched (126-bit) or somting like that. Here r my specs

CPU: Quad 9550
Mobo: M3a78-T
RAM: 4x Corsair 1gig 1066
GFX: HD Radion 4670
HDD: 500gig Sata
HDD: 80gig IDE Old

Temps:
On idle
Core: 54c
Fan1: 51c 5273RPM
Fan2: 51c
Fan3: 22c

Also in event viewer i see that a warning message is there before it resets it says:

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Any help would be greatly appretiated
Thx
Andrew

Edited by andru, 07 February 2009 - 08:38 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

You might want to try removing the heatsink, cleaning it & the CPU with rubbimg alcohol, putting fresh thermal compound on it, & reinstalling it.
Be sure to unplug the unit before you start !
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

I think I would run a series of tests on the RAM, using Memtest.

MemTest Manual - http://hcidesign.com/memtest/manual.html

Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic - http://www.memtest86.com/

FWIW: Info on that TCP/IP message at http://www.windowsbbs.com/windows-xp/38909...cp-connect.html

Louis

#4 andru

andru
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:07 AM

sorry for the late reply i found out it was my old hard drive and it must have been corrupter it still works just not on my new comp. Anyway i have anew problem now going 2 post a new thread cheers for the help guys!

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:55 AM

Feedback appreciated :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users