Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DNS ERROR

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SyntaxError

SyntaxError

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:02 AM

For the past 2 days I have had trouble logging into one of my regular web haunts.
I can visit the site and look around only if I clear my browsing history/clear cookies etc before loading the site.
When I login i get the welcome message and then a white screen and then a page saying 'DNS Error - server cannot be found'.
Have flushed my DNS many times but still have same problem.
I am only having the problem with this one site. everything else is fine.
I am running vista and using a wired modem.
Any ideas?
Syntax Error: Integer out of range

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:48 AM

Honestly, based on the fact that the page starts to load before giving a DNS error, my guess would be that the page includes content from another domain - this could be images or media from another site, or even ads from an adserver - where the remote server is no longer available. I would guess that you are using IE, since I don't think Firefox errors out the entire page when a problem like this is encountered. Try using Firefox and see if the problem goes away. Note that you may see areas of the page that are blanked out or which contain error messages. You can use this information to contact the site administrators about the problem.
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users