Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't shake Win32.RootKit.Podnuha with "audiosr.dll"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 avidtx

avidtx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:25 AM

hi all. first time to post here... look slike a great site!

i am infected with a particularly resillient malware that no program i have found can remove.

Win32.RootKit.Podnuha with "audiosr.dll"

not even sure where i picked it up, but it's hijacking IE & i'm sure is capable of other harm as a "backdoor" variety. i'm new to the "advanced" world of malware removal, so any help you can offer in a timely manner would be GREATLY appreciated!
i'm dead in the water until i get this resolved.

thank you, in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 avidtx

avidtx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

an update: due to the severe nature of the rootkit infection, i decided to do a complete hd reformat & reinstall of windows. time consuming to say the least, but the system appears to be clean & healthy now. also running a fresh install of Kaspersky IS for a stronger "first line" of defense. please disregard my request (unless you can post a fix for the 40+ other viewers of my topic.)
thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users