Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LG GDR-8160b

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:57 AM

the drive will read far cry and rome total war gold pack but it takes about 5 minutes to read
the discs are fine becasue i tryed em on different computer and my republic commando disc reads but when trying to install it comes with bsod and says can read of E: which is the dvd drive and that disc works fine to since i tryed it on a laptop

but every other dvd and cd works fine
i cant find a firmware update any where

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:43 AM

I found THIS when I went searching. Don't know if it's what you are looking for, but you may want to check it out.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

yea i been on this site but for some reson when i put in the number to download nothing happens it looks it loading but i leave for about 3 mins and no thing happens lol

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

ok it work but just then i notice it was the DRD 8160b lol its meant to be GDR but i notice that down to page theres a link to it
and when i went to download it it said file cant be found Lol

#5 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:08 AM

any one?????????

#6 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:12 AM

I don't know what to suggest, all I know is, I've had an LG DVD and had problems with it. I own other stuff by them, like a microwave, but I won't own another component for my computer. Have you looked in the Device Manager for any ! or ? signs? You could uninstall it and let windows find it again when you reboot but I'm not sure that will help any.. sorry.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#7 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:28 AM

device manager says it working fine and i tryed turning stuff of in device manager for the dvd drive but diidit work

#8 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:41 AM

When you say you tried turning stuff off, did you disable it or uninstall it? If you only disabled it, try uninstalling it. Like I said, I don't know if it will help..

You could always get a Lite-On or Samsung DVD. Those I've had with no problems. Right now I have 2 Lite-On's... :thumbsup:
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users