Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CC Cleaner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhdeav

jhdeav

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:06 AM

Has anyone out there used CC Cleaner before? I am trying to gain a little space on my hard drive. After running the analyze function it appears I can gain enough space to run the defrag utility, which is really all I need at this point. All the files appear to be temp files of some nature but the list is quite long. My main concern is deleting a file that is needed for normal operation and really hosing things up, which happened before with a similar program given to me by a friend. He said "Just clean out everything with a check mark beside it, you'll be fine" I wasn't after that or should I say my computer wasn't. My hard drive is 20 gigs, not big by today's standards. I can post a copy of the log file if need be.

Thanks

Everyone out there have a good Memorial Day holiday.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:16 AM

A lot of folks here recommend CCleaner. I haven't/don't use it. Have you simply tried to go to your My Computer window, then right-click on the C: drive, choose Properties and then click on the Disk Cleanup button? There, you can check everything that shows usage and clean it out.

Also, you can start your computer in Safe Mode by tapping F8 as it boots up and remove all your temp files safely by going to Start -> Run and type in %temp%, then select all the files in the folder from the Edit tab and press Delete. It is safe to remove all the temp files. CCleaner will clean temp files anywhere they are on your computer. If you want to remove hidden files in your temp folder as well, you will need to go to the top of the window and click on the Tools menu, choose Folder options, then the View tab, then check "Show Hidden Files and Folders." When you're finished, it's a good idea to go back to folder options and recheck "Do Not Show Hidden Files and Folders."

I usually avoid registry cleaners, because I've seen issues where something got removed that affected the system, but you can always remove temp files.

#3 diggerdan

diggerdan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:29 AM

I use CC and have found that the third tab (issues) causes problems. Simply uncheck the entire section and procced with analysis and cleaning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users