Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Wireless

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

Hi there,

I have Windows XP and my wireless connection will drop all the time after a few minutes, then I manually reconnect and then surf the web for few minutes, then it drops again, I reconnect, and surf few minutes and then it drops again and so on.

I have another PC which I connect via wireless to the same rooter, but there the connection never drops. So it seems the one PC has some issues.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
Patbox

Edited by boopme, 06 February 2009 - 07:55 PM.
Mod Edit: moved from XP to Networking ~~boopme

Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Desion

Desion

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

If i understand correctly, your disconnecting from the WAN (internet) very often. The problem may be that you have a dynamic ip address, so i would assign a static ip address under your network connection TCP/IP properties just to see if that helps any. Another possibility is that your constant losing signal, so check your signal strength on your wireless card status. You may need to move closer to your wireless router/access point.
Interesting Links:
Softpedia - Online downloads encyclopedia
W3Schools - Website Programming Tutorials
PC World - Everything about technology
Wikipedia - Online Encyclopedia
Photobucket - Free Image Hosting

"I don't support network bridges, they support me."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users