Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WINDOWS CANNOT CHECK THE LICENSE AFTER WINDOWS REPAIR REINSTALL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nites2k

Nites2k

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

It started out as a small problem with malware then after running an malware program i could not log in into windows, id log in and then get instantly logged out, so I googled the problem and all solutions to the problem was to repair reinstall windows with the cd, which work but then i got another dang error which was error code: 0X80004005. Which means basically there is problem preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer. So i googled that and got the solution to that (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081 [method 2]). I proceeded with the instructions till i got to the point where it instructs me to "Press 1 to access your primary drive installation with Recovery Console." which i attempt with no luck

Any help or suggestions WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

Edited by Nites2k, 06 February 2009 - 02:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

That error message, and most other errror messages, can have many possible causes and interpretations.

FWIW: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/g...6-d3dedb727db1/

Do you have XP installed, as I see that Vista frequently can generate an error with these numbers?

KB referenced by you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306081

<<...instructs me to "Press 1 to access your primary drive installation with Recovery Console." which i attempt with no luck>>

Can you provide more detail as to exactly what happens after you entered the Recovery Console? Did you make the selection? If not, what happened to prevent such? Did you get to the password prompt line?

Louis

#3 Nites2k

Nites2k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

Terribly sry i had failed to wait for a response, i was fearing no one would respond so i tried to repair reinstall windows again with another cd, I no longer get the windows error anymore, now when i start up it get goes to the regular welcome login screen, though when i try to log in, it starts to load settings then saves my settings and logs off. returning to the login screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users