Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 7 will not display ANY webpages

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 qwade74

qwade74

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:58 PM

I am running Vista Ultimate and I am currently unable to view any webpages via IE 7. However I have no problem browsing with Firefox. The msg. displayed after launching IE is "Internet Explorer cannot display webpage." This happens under all profiles. I have tried a variety of things such as updating to IE 8, flushing the DNS cache, renaming the HOSTS file, ran system file checker, system restore is of no help because it appears IE stopped working 12/17/08 according to "Problems Reports and Solutions" and restore does not go back that far. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

Hi, have you reset IE? First I would uninstalll IE 8 as it is still in Beta format. Next go through add/remove progarms in control panel. Go to tools>internet options>advanced>restore advanced settings and also select reset.
This link from MS has some good help tips. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431
MCP
MSDST

#3 qwade74

qwade74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried both of those options already. IE 8 had been uninstalled after upgrading to see if that would resolve the problem. It originated in IE 7.

#4 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

Hi, have you tried the suggestions that are mention in the MS link?
MCP
MSDST

#5 qwade74

qwade74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:52 AM

I tried the suggestions in the KB. Unfortunately, same results. This is frustrating especially since I have no problem browisng with Firefox.

#6 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

Hi, have you installed SP1? The only other solution may be a repair of Vista.
MCP
MSDST

#7 qwade74

qwade74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

SP1 is installed & repair found no problems. It looks like it's going to be re-install. Thanks. Unless there are any more suggestions.

#8 stressmaster

stressmaster

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

i had this problem and the only way i have found to fix it is to backup all you files and wipe/reinstall vista

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users