Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove Antivirus 2009 Plus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

A new rogue was released today named Antivirus 2009 Plus. From the name you would think this is the successor to the widely spread Antivirus 2009 program, in fact this program is a successor of Rapid Antivirus.Information about the people behind this program is sketchy, but by digging around a bit we found that the web site is hosted in the Russian Federation.Their whois information is set to private so we cannot get anything from that. Checking the IP address of the website, though, yields 91.208.0.220, which belongs to an ISP/Registrar named Still-Trade. This company is located in Russia.

We have made a removal guide that will walk you through removing this infection for free. A brief excerpt of the guide is below:

Antivirus 2009 Plus is a clone of the widely spread rogue anti-spyware program named Rapid Antivirus and is advertised through the use of malware and fake online scanners. The Trojans that promote this program display fake alerts on your computer that indicate that your computer is infected with some sort of malware. When you click on these alerts, the Trojan will either install Antivirus 2009 Plus or you will be brought to a page promoting Antivirus 2009 Plus as the program that you should install to protect yourself. This program is also advertised through the use of advertisements that pretend to be online anti-malware scanners, that when the ad is finished, states that infections were found on your computer and that you should ...Read the full guide on how to remove Antivirus 2009 Plus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mali3501

mali3501

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:45 AM

hi...i read all your instruction how to remove antivirus 2009 but i can't connect my pc to internet.
all all files can't open because of this.
so what can i do? how can i download MBAM.
for your info, i use mozilla firefox not IE.
please help me..tq

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:37 AM

Using another computer, you can download mbam to a flash drive or burn it to a CD
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 mali3501

mali3501

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

Using another computer, you can download mbam to a flash drive or burn it to a CD

tq ....
sorry to say, actually not antivirus 2009 but system security..
but i see it was same style..
anyway tq so much..

#5 jscc

jscc

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:34 PM

i used mbam aka malwarebytes to rermove it and it worked great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users