Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Braxton

Braxton

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:28 PM

My desktop is a little dated and I am thinking of buying a new laptop. I probably won't replace it for a few years atleast so I would like to get one that would be good for a while. Here is what I have been looking at.

Dell Studio 15
Intel Core 2 Duo P8400(2.20GHz/1066Mhz FSB/3MB cache)

4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800 MHz

320GB SATA Hard Drive

256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450

That's the jest of it. Let me know if there is anything else I should be looking at or should change. I didn't get more memory b/c I am figuring on getting an external drive to keep at the house. Let me know what you guys think.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

always been an HP fan myself, but for a Dell that doesnt look like to bad of a setup for a laptop. prolly wont do a lot of the high end gaming but thats not what laptops were intended for in the first place. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Braxton

Braxton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

Yea, I figured I wouldn't do a lot of gaming on it. I would love to have a gaming comp, but can't afford it. I will mainly just be surfing and playing a few games.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:06 AM

For a general use PC with some light gaming, that's a good PC.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users