Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

xp problem.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tusinamix

Tusinamix

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:43 AM

i have one problem.i am opening the pc and when the blue windows xp screen comes, it is freeezed or it stops..and the pc isnt open.so i must to restart it or reset it.and it requires one or more restart at least.i formatted it and installed xp 2 day ago.i didnt installed so much software.i installed only basic software.what can i do? my harddisk is 160 gb. and i have 5 section.windows is installed in c section.and "c" is 10 gb. and 7gb. is empty.what can i do? if you help me, i will be happy..
I am the architect of my own destruction.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:19 PM

What was in it before you formatted it and installed XP?

What did you use to install it? A new, retail version cd or an oem full version cd?

You may have put too many partitions in. I think the maximum amount on any one hard drive is three.

#3 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:51 PM

I would begin looking at hardware issues if it is a new format and "last known good configuration" option in boot menu dosen't work. you can easily download a mem test, and a hard drive diagnostic (manufacturer specific) from the internet. these will provide you with a decent software test. It differs from a "post" mem test, and a scandisk in that it will check all addresses and all sectors and re-certify the drive/memory. you do have too many partitions, why do you want them? was your drive formatted properly with NTFS when you installed the OS? If you need either "memtest86" or HDD diag tool, e-mail me with HDD manufacturer and i will send them to you, they run off a floppy.
D
Google...Google.....browse..read

#4 Tusinamix

Tusinamix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:42 AM

my old version is xp.and the cd is the same cd
I am the architect of my own destruction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users