Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDD Problem..Detected but not booting...Very Very Urgent Please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nikskwats

nikskwats

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:41 AM

hi,

Recently I removed the HDD from my Acer laptop for some work and putted back inside. after that i started the laptop and it works well then i cover the HDD and tighten all screws ...after that when i restart the laptop it does boot up. after the Acer logo blank screen comes up.Even i can't boot with XP CD

i checked the bios it is detecting the hdd.I thought some thing remains loose when i open up the laptop. i remove the HDD and then try to boot with CD and It booted successfully.

Pls help me in resolving the issue.whether HDD is damaged or whats causing it.

Thnx

Nikhil

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:40 PM

You need to remove the HD cover and get it working properly again. Then, make certain you are using the correct screws when you put it back. Some may be long, some short.

Tighten one screw, then try to boot. Tighten another, try to boot again. You may have one of those screws that is causing the problem.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

DR

#3 nikskwats

nikskwats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:00 AM

hi,

I removed the HDD cover and try to boot ..if i keep the HDD at an angle (30deg) it works fine and laptop boots.So I put some paper under the HDD so that it remains at that angle and the laptop is working.But the problem is that With the HDD at that angle I can't cover it back.Is the problem in the connector on the board or HDD conncetor.All the pins of the HDD looks to be Ok.

Reg

Nikhil

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:11 AM

it could be when you pulled it out you pulled it out at an angle or to hard by accident and damaged the IDE connector going into it. Im assuming its IDE right?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 nikskwats

nikskwats
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

now even it is not detecting the hdd..if i remove the hdd it detect dvd otherwise it does detect both.

can ide adaptor be repaired ??

how much time it will take

#6 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:41 AM

It does sound like the connector was damaged when you first removed the drive. Many 2.5" drives have a small adaptor connected to the hard drive, with each manufacturer using one that is made for the connector on their motherboard.

I would make certain that the adaptor is on the drive properly. Maybe it remained on the motherboard connector when you removed the HD?

If that all checks out good, then I would have an expert look at it. Someone who knows that make of laptop. They might see something obvious that you may not notice.

Good luck.

DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users