Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update on Windows Live Mail

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dibbee

dibbee

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

I can now send mail through both of my accounts on Windows Live Mail. However they do not appear in my Windows Live inbox. Instead they appear in the Webmail program for Verizon Yahoo. Before Wednesday they all appeared in the Windows Live Mail program. Now when I try to retrieve my mail in Windows Live I get the following error message:
Unable to send or receive messages for the Doreen account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
I have called Verizon 3 times because it seems like it is their problem. But no one has helped yet. Do I need perhaps to buy a Plus Yahoo service for $20 to use Windows Live Mail? Even Outlook Express which is totally free will not work either. I am desperate for some help. Please, tell me what to do. Thanks so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users