Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MX700 mouse. Assigned buttons won't work together.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 raf96

raf96

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:22 AM

Hi there.
I enjoy playing FPS games from time to time, and My problem is with a mouse.
The mouse I have is a Logitech mx700. It has 5 extra buttons which I have assigned to different keys on a keyboard.
Now... I always use a thumb key to "crouch" and one of the other index finger buttons to a "granade"
And therein lies a problem, I can't throw a "granade" while holding a "crouch". It just won't accept two buttons hit at the same time, except for two "main" buttons 0 and 1. That is I can shoot while holding a "crouch".

Soooo... Is there anyway around it? I've tried to find an answer everywere, but nobody seems to ever asked about it, so I figured that maybe I just don't know about something.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:40 AM

hmmm not sure, I use a logitech mouse as well though its much simpler I dont like a lot of buttons on my mouse im always hitting them on accident I assign my buttons to the keyboard to crouch and stuff like that. first thing that comes to mind is the driver, do you have the latest? im not talking about the one on CD that came with it, get online to logitechs website and download the latest. if you do have the latest, try falling back to an old driver. the other possibility is a short inside of it, or it simply wasnt designed to be able to process that much at once.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 raf96

raf96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

First of all... thanks for replying...
As for drivers, yes, I do have the latest, I usually do keep checking for driver updates. As for a short in the mouse... Nope, this has definetely something to do with software since I also have MX310 ps/2 with a cord and it has same issue. I just don't get why would they design it like that.
Now I wonder if maybe the problem IS with a driver, since both of my mice use the same driver version. BTW it is ver.9.79.025

Hey, could you do me a small favor. Since you too have a logitech. Could you quickly assign a "shift" to one of your buttons and a letter "a" for a second, then test it in a notepad if you can type an "A" (uppercase) using those two buttons. Check your driver version just to confirm it.
I'd appreciate it... thanks in advance.

#4 raf96

raf96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

As a matter of fact... could someone perform the same test with some other manufacturers mouse. I just want to find out if this is an exclusively logitech issue.

#5 raf96

raf96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

I'll bump it once. Maybe someone will help me out.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:11 AM

sry havent been on the boards in a bit, I could try that but I doubt it would, my mouse is very simple, the two primary buttons all mice have, a 4 way scroll bar and forward back buttons, all of which work fine. but when I get on my computer tomorrow Ill play with it to see if it will repeat the problem, but my money is on if its a driver issue its specific with ur particular model of mouse.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users