Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new motherboard, no sound!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrfixit

mrfixit

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:58 PM

i just recently got a new motherboard/processor/video card. (all this after driving the guys in the HJT forum nuts for a week, thanks Old Timer!)... So, i got everything running, but now i get no sound. I have input jacks in the front and back of my pc, and i get absolutely no sound from the back, and from the front i get very very low sound. I have been going mad trying to update drivers, but nothing seems to work.

I am running Win XP Pro, have a northbridge VIA KT266A and southbridge VT8235 chipset.

I don't know how much more info you need, just let me know, and i appreciate any help i can get...

Thanks alot!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:11 PM

Dear Mrfix,

Guess what? We need more information.

Is there onboard sound with your new mother board?

Are attempting to use a sound card?

Have you installed the drivers that your new motherboard needs to run an onboard sound system?

And last but not least, when do you not hear sound?

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:55 PM

Do you only have one set of speaker plugs on the back? I've seen machines that have a second green plug off to the side.

And at the risk of going over old territory, what does it say in your Device Manager?

Have you checked Windows Updates for driver updates?

And try double-clicking on your little volume icon in your tray to see that nothing is disabled - there are settings for CD, WAV, SYNTH and the like. Also check the settings in Sounds and Audio Devices in your Control Panel.

#4 Futs

Futs

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:45 AM

is the Jumpers for the front panel audio still in place on the motherboard?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users