Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with my HJT Log

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Roscoe22

Roscoe22

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:16 PM

For some reason after I scan my computer with HiJack This Version 1.99.0001 it did not make a log that I can read out side of the program. Can anyone help me please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

Hello Roscoe22 and welcome to the BC forums. Verison 1.99.0 is an older version of HijackThis. Please click on the link below and download the most current version:HijackThis_sfx.exe
Delete your current HijackThis.exe file and double-click on the file you just downloaded and then click on the Unzip button to install the newer version. It will be installed to the C:\Program Files\HijackThis\ directory by default.

Start HijackThis and perform a new scan. Post your new log file back here as a relpy to this topic and I will review it when it comes in.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

#3 Roscoe22

Roscoe22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

I downloaded it on a different computer and for some reason after I downloaded HJT It did not download the .DLL file. Please help me figure this out.

#4 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:58 AM

Hi Roscoe22. There are no other files needed with HijackThis. Only the HijackThis.exe.

If you're getting an error message what does it say exactly? When you run HijackThis it will create a log file named hijackthis.log in the folder that HijackThis is located in (normally c:\program files\hijackthis). That is just a text file and can be opened in Notepad.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users