Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I CANT FORMAT

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sameer Kalandan

Sameer Kalandan

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

I HAVE PURCHASED NEW HARD DISK 80 GB.AFTER FIXING HD I WAS TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS SP2.BUT AFTER COPYING FILES, IT DOESN'T START WINDWOS SETUP.THERE IS A MESSAGE "DISK READ ERROR OCCURED".

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

Is it the same computer discussed here?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1063889
Sounds like you might need a new drive
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

SATA or PATA? You may have to tinker with the Master/slave/Cable select jumpers on the PATA. If its SATA. Make sure your board supports the drive. SATA comes in two flavors. One 1.5GB/s and 3GB/s Most older boards take SATA 1.5GB/s Western Digital Drives have a Compatibility jumper that may allow you to solve your current issue. Please post back with any updates or any additional information. The more information you can provide will lead to a better understanding to your problem and allow us to get right to the fix for you. In this case. More is better. Also if you haven't been welcomed into Bleeping Computer. Well here it is :thumbsup:

:flowers:
Posted Image

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

To be more specific, it sounds like your CD drive is faulty.

Clean the disk by washing it with lukewarm water & very mild dish soap.
Wash lightly !
Rinse well
Dry with a soft paper towel by going from the center of the disk straught out .
[Don'y go in circles around the disk]

Try the disk again .
If it still doesn't work you need a CD drive.

[I've had a nicly smudged fingerprint cause a disk read error]
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 Sameer Kalandan

Sameer Kalandan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:04 AM

Thank u sir, it is not SATA HD. I have changed the jumper master to slave and slave to master.Cleaned RAM and My windows cd also changed.But the problem still exist.

Edited by Sameer Kalandan, 06 February 2009 - 07:04 AM.

#6 Goldwyn

Goldwyn

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

Humm I'm starting to wonder if Maybe the CD is Scratched or dirty in some way. Have you installed your system once before with this exact CD. If So. Just make sure it's clean the CD. Also I would recommend CD-Rom Cleaners. Dual brush system could work wonders. Sometimes Dust settles onto the lens of the laser pickup. http://www.amazon.com/Allsop-56500-CD-Lase...r/dp/B00000J1QK is that Device that will clean the lens. Also If you have inspected the CD. I Think it may be a CD-Rom Issue. What you then would do. Swap out the drive with another one temperately just to see if it will go into the next stage of System Setup. If It works. I would think the drive may have gone bad or dust has gotten inside and cause a problem with inside the Drive it self. Most likely the cooperate would be the laser lens

Best of luck to you sir. Hope this helps further you to a resolution of this problem you are currently facing.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users