Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot detect wireless after running Malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sinfants

sinfants

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

First off: thanks for reading my post...
Anyway, my computer has been having virus problems and reading a post here on bc helped me use malwarebytes to remove either the virus or at least some symptoms. While I am no longer getting popups or anything, my computer cannot detect wireless signals that it was getting just before the restart that ocurred after running malwarebytes. Yes I have checked the manual switch and restarted my computer, but it still doesn't detect anything. The computer that I'm posting this from is running off of the same wireless so I know that isn't the problem. Thank you for any help you can provide :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

If all you did was run Mbam, it's highly doubtful you are totally clean and you are still seeing problems caused by malware
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 sinfants

sinfants
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

If all you did was run Mbam, it's highly doubtful you are totally clean and you are still seeing problems caused by malware

I was going to proceed with an assortment of other programs suggested by bc, but without an internet connection I can't really access them. Tomorrow I will have access to the wireless at my work that I can see if I get any results with that

#4 ComputerArt365

ComputerArt365

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

Download to a flash drive WinsockXPfix.exe and transfer to your desktop and run it.

This has a 50% chance of solving your problem.

#5 sinfants

sinfants
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for the advice. Someone at IT services fixed my problem by what he referred to as something like uninstalling the wireless drivers and reinstalling them. He did this on my computer without any CDs or downloads in about 5 minutes. I appreciate your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users