Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE not performing any scripts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dajuanenonli

dajuanenonli

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:08 PM

Javascripts are not functioning in IE..

I tried uninstalling IE 7, and became IE 6, still not performing scripts...

then I tried to install IE 8, still nothing..

I need IE for testing my site...

Need Help Plss... My OS is Windows XP...

thanks..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

Have you tried reinstalling java?

#3 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

I don't think Java would have an impact on Javascript (as Javascript is parsed by the browser, and the Java RE only handles Java). There are a few things that might have an impact however - there may be an addon or anti-malware application that has been set too high and which is blocking Javascript from executing, or you could have the Internet security settings set too high.

First, what anti-malware software do you have installed on the computer?

Second, check your security level (go to Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab). Highlight "Internet" and check that it is set to Medium-high. Click the Custom Level button and under Reset custom settings, reset to the default. This will undo any customized settings that might disable scripts.
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

#4 dajuanenonli

dajuanenonli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:57 AM

first of all, before my IE was not functioning well, I have a kaspersky portable, which cured my pc when it has a previous problem (explorer crashes everytime i close a/any folder). After scanning it with that portable kasperky it became good.

then i try removing that portable kasperky, actually it was a bit to erase..

then after i erase it.. this problem occured, other browsers were working really fine. But i really need IE, because of website testing...

my IE's internet options was set to default and still doesn't perform any javascript.. now i uninstalled it to the default Windows XP Internet Explorer (i don't know if its really IE6).. but still no improvement..

I really appreciate if someone can help me... Thank you very much sir/ma'am..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users