Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Doesn't Boot-Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lac1

lac1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

I recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate. Shortly after installation I started to have boot-up problems where windows will not boot-up and goes into an endless loop of the progression bars on screen. The only way to get out of it is to do a hard shut down, sometimes I have to try to boot-up 10 times or more before I can get it to boot-up at all or go to the "Safe Mode" screen but with my limited knowledge of computers I can't seem to diagnose the probelm. Has anyone had this problem or knowns what I should do?

Edited by The weatherman, 05 February 2009 - 07:52 PM.
Moved to a more appropriate forun ~TW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:40 PM

When it does it again and it finally boots go to the Control Panel> Administrative Tools and open the Event Viewer. Write down the most recent error
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users