Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introductions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dale J

Dale J

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hello everyone - My name is Dale (duh) I am a WinXP Pro user, have been playing (and working with) PC's since they arrived on the scene - Started with DOS 3.2 and a 256K PC.

I have been able to solve most problems on my own, but cannot make the claim to be any kind of real expert. The problems have been getting tougher.

Current system is about 4 years old, and generally a "ho-hum" system but it works for me, mostly. Have plans to upgrade Matrox Millenium video card to new one - recently upgraded memory, and installed a new, larger hard drive -- Most computing tasks today are pretty mundane, but I am well aware that life would be very hard without a computer.

Am currently a contractor doing computer and computing system installs, have some practice at network management, have used MS Word to write and maintain large documents (most recent a 350-page install manual for a large multi-location installation project)

Hope to learn a bunch of new things here (like how to fix some of the tougher problems).

Thanks!

Dale

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lloyd T

Lloyd T

• Members
  • 853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

:flowers: to BC! :thumbsup:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:20 AM

Welcome to BC!
As computers and their applications evolve, so do the problems that come with them.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users