Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Scrolling Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:48 PM

I have a Logitech Cordless Laser Mouse and when I play a game for example Battlefield 1942 and other shooting games when I scroll, it keeps going and going even when I stopped scrolling. This is getting very annoying :thumbsup:. How do I fix this?
You will not like me if I'm angry.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:44 PM

Well I want to ask a question.

Does it happen any other time like while doing work on the computer?

Also what type of mouse pad do you use?

If this happenes all the time it could be the mouse pad. If you use a optical mouse the light had to bounce back up to it for it to work. When you have a weird mousepad or uneven surface it will sometimes move all over the place.

If it moves all the time try removing the mouse pad and try it.

If its just while your playing the games it could be that your computer barely meets the requirements or meets them but you have to many programs running in the background that hog up the resources it can make the games slow.

I tried a game on a computer and it had little ram and the game played but the mouse was very slow and then when I stopped moving it it would keep on.

Also optical mice sometimes can get messed up by dirt or particles like hair in the way of the light path. Check where the light comes out and if its dirty clean it and see if that may help.

I hope this helps some!

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 29 May 2005 - 10:48 PM.

#3 Fremder

Fremder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

The scrolling works fine when I'm surfing the Web, it just seems to be effecting games and I'm using a soft arm rester. I'm talking about the mouse scroller not moving the mouse.

#4 Fremder

Fremder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:15 PM

Can someone help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic