Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Medion PCMT5

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bcfc_red_robin

bcfc_red_robin

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:26 AM

Hi lads newbie here.

Need a driver for my VGA but have no idea where to find it or how to download it.

Only info I have about my PC is

System Model
MEDIONPC
PCMT5
MEDMT 172
132602/MEDUK
Enclosure Type: Desktop
Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6719

Thanks, anything else needed let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:55 AM

Hi bcfc_red_robin, welcome to BC. :thumbsup:
Medion UK offers only one video related driver. (AGP Chipset driver).
I going to assume for now that is what you're needing. In any case, a re-install is not going to hurt anything if it doesn't work.
Go here. Copy and paste your SN# (11326020040163) in the top box and click "search").
At the very top of the list, click "download" next to "AGP Chipset Driver SiS".
Save the file anywhere on your pc, just remember where. :flowers:
Double click the file (chpsis_agp.exe) to unpack it. By default, it will create a "Medion" folder in C:.
When it's done, open windows explorer and navigate to the C:\Medion\Sis AGP [1.17E] folder.
Inside that folder you will see three "setup" files.
Double click the SETUP file listed as a 59KB Application file dated 1-22-98. Follow the prompts to install the driver and reboot.
Let us know how you came out.

EDIT: Please note there is a different set of drivers for PC World PC's. Link is on the same page.

Edited by HitSquad, 05 February 2009 - 08:59 AM.

#3 bcfc_red_robin

bcfc_red_robin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

Hi bcfc_red_robin, welcome to BC. :thumbsup:
Medion UK offers only one video related driver. (AGP Chipset driver).
I going to assume for now that is what you're needing. In any case, a re-install is not going to hurt anything if it doesn't work.
Go here. Copy and paste your SN# (11326020040163) in the top box and click "search").
At the very top of the list, click "download" next to "AGP Chipset Driver SiS".
Save the file anywhere on your pc, just remember where. :flowers:
Double click the file (chpsis_agp.exe) to unpack it. By default, it will create a "Medion" folder in C:.
When it's done, open windows explorer and navigate to the C:\Medion\Sis AGP [1.17E] folder.
Inside that folder you will see three "setup" files.
Double click the SETUP file listed as a 59KB Application file dated 1-22-98. Follow the prompts to install the driver and reboot.
Let us know how you came out.

EDIT: Please note there is a different set of drivers for PC World PC's. Link is on the same page.

Thanks alot, after going on the PCWORLD bit I have no idea what to do on that site.

Sorry to be a bother.

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

Hi again bcfc_red_robin. You are not a bother. :thumbsup:
This system could have virtually any video configuration.
In your first post you posted the system model only info.
Did you get this from a software utility or from the case?
If you used a utility, there should be some video info collected as well. Please post that if applicable but do not trust it yet.
The only way to be absolutely sure is to remove the cover and get some info.
What we need to know is wether or not it's using a seperate video card or on-board video.
If it is a seperate card, there will be a name and model# on it. You will also see a chipset on the card with the name NVidia, ATI, etc. If it has no seperate video card (you'll know by where your monitor plugs in) then it uses on-board video. On the motherboard you will see a video chip. It will also have a name (most likely SiS) and number as well.
Last but not least, on the motherboard itself, it may say "MS-6719" and ".ver #" right next to it. Please post the version number if you see one. Not picking on your computer but you have sort of a mutt there. :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users