Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free file unlocker for 98SE

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

Cause, I know file unlocker is free but it won't work or go on 98se!

What else is there to choose from?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

What is it your trying to do?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

Nothing heroic I assure you! I'm just looking to add an unlocker to my arsenal of help aids. I like unlocker 1.8.7 but of coruse it won't work on 98se. I want to find another program just like it thats free so that when i find a locked file i want to delete, i can get rid of it. :thumbsup:

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

I'm pretty sure KillBox will work with 98. Instructions on how to use it can be found here

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

I'm pretty sure KillBox will work with 98. Instructions on how to use it can be found here

Alright, now your talkin! KILLBOX, that even sounds like your going to get to gouge the eyes out of somethin! Which, by the way is how I feel everytime a file won't let me open or delete it! I'll go take a look, Thank You! :thumbsup: :flowers:

#6 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

WOW, holy crap, I don't know man! I don't know! I don't know if I'm smart enough for that! I got scared, there was just too much blood with all that talk about pasting and dummy files!

Giving me that program is like giving a kid a BB gun! I'm liable to shoot my eye out! LOL

I guess it wouldn't hurt to down load it and start doing pushup's just in case one day I had to go to war with a really bad virus or something! After all it's no secreat around here, history bears out and I believe in the file holocaust! I've lost alot of good files! I'm all for staying strong and ready! LOL

OK, now lets recap!

Have you got something more push button ready and easy to use? :flowers: :thumbsup:

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

Actually its not as difficult to use as the instructions would seem to indicate. An alternative would be good old Hijack This. In the Misc Tools section there is a Delete file on reboot tool that will do what you are looking for.

#8 JPeterman

JPeterman

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:16 PM

This one is supposed to work with all windows OS, freeware: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Boot-M...oveOnBoot.shtml

#9 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

Actually its not as difficult to use as the instructions would seem to indicate. An alternative would be good old Hijack This. In the Misc Tools section there is a Delete file on reboot tool that will do what you are looking for.

Yeah, your probably right! I have Hijack this already but its so dangerous I don't use it unless I'm on a suicide mission! LOL However be that as it may, I'll check out the Misc Tools section and see if I can use it! Thanks! :flowers: :thumbsup:

#10 buckshotdad1960

buckshotdad1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

This one is supposed to work with all windows OS, freeware: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Boot-M...oveOnBoot.shtml

Now this is more like what I'm looking for! A little hand to hand combat! I'll down load it and play with it! Thank you! :thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users