Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer crash when im connected to the network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 efarazi

efarazi

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

every time i connect my computer to the LAN, it will crash..it is not happen immediately but after a while..but it never crash when i pull the network cable off..when i download something and leave it over night, next morning i'll definitely see the blue screen..however the blue screen never mention about the file that cause the crash..its really difficult coz i cant finish my download especially from direct download..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Remus Rigo

Remus Rigo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:47 AM

The simplyest thing is to backup your personal files (documents, mail, other saves) and reinstall your system.
Also try other forums

PS:
Does your sistem crash when you're browsing or only when you download (from Internet Explorer or from DC++)???
If it crashes only when you download try other software (Opera, FireFox or StrongDC)..
Try to reinstall your network drivers or change your network board (if u have a spare one)..

#3 InterestinglyAverage

InterestinglyAverage

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

I think a reinstall of the OS might be a bit drastic, at least before other troubleshooting steps are taken. When you get the BSOD, what is the error message that is displayed? This includes the hex codes on the first line, and the error text on the third line (after the paragraph about "A problem has been detected..." Also, is the computer connected directly to the internet, or is it connected to a router? And do you have a software firewall installed on the computer?

Also, I take it from your description that the computer is connected via Ethernet cable. Have you tried swapping out the cable? And finally, as suggested above, try updating the drivers for your network card, as well as the firmware for the router.
The only way to learn anything is to question everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users